Chinese Medicine Fertility Treatments
The decision to start a family is an exciting part of life, and is perhaps one of the biggest life decisions there is. In Canada, approximately 1 in 6 couples trying to conceive experience infertility. Both men and women can experience the reproductive issues, hormonal imbalances, or other reasons which cause the inability to conceive a child. Infertility, however, does not mean sterility. With the help of Traditional Chinese Medicine, those dealing with infertility issues can greatly improve their chances to conceive. Does one or more of the following statements apply to your situation?
- You have unsuccessfully conceived for a period of 1 year or more, or 6 months or more if you are age 35+
- You have a history of trying to conceive unsuccessfully
- You have a history of miscarriage
- You are above age 35
- You have been diagnosed with the following as a woman: endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), low ovarian reserve (low AMH, high FHS), or in males: sperm/semen problems, low libido.
- You are looking for a natural alternative to fertility treatment
- You have had a failed IVF treatment or IUI treatment and you would like to attempt another
- You have a short luteal phase
- You are looking to conceive naturally
We also offer treatment for male fertility issues, including:
- Partial male tube blockages
- Sperms problems: low or no sperm counts poor sperm motility (the ability to move), and abnormally shaped sperm.
- Unable to erect
- Premature ejaculation
- Nocturnal emission
- No sexual desire
- Prostatic hypertrophy
- Prostate issues, including difficulty urinating, dribbling and seminal emissions.
Mai Pham is well versed in natural fertility treatments with the use of traditional acupuncture and Chinese medicinal herbs. Acupuncture helps to restore the energy meridians by placing a long, thin needle within these energy points. Acupuncture is not a painful treatment, as one may think when a needle is involved. Medical herbs are often given in conjunction with the acupuncture; custom Chinese medical herbs are prescribed, frequently in the form of tea. When the energy systems and body functions are restored, the chances of conception are increased.